More on the way register your interest
Classic adventure bike with massive Dakar Pedigree
Very clean and well maintained bike. 70,000 miles.
New 12 months MOT
Starts first push of the button.
The engine is whisper quiet.
For its age this bike is incredibly clean and original
Comes with an aftermarket pipe but can come with original if preferred.
You will see these bikes advertised for up to £8,000
Hard to find low mileage clean examples of this sought after classic.
Recently voted one of the best investment bikes you can buy in a UK survey, this is an appreciating asset.
Why buy from Chequered Flag Motorcycles Ltd?
- Part exchange is welcome
- We fully check and service all bikes before dispatch
- The bikes are PDI'd before shipping to the customer
- We can arrange delivery anywhere. Price on providing delivery address.
- We provide a 6 month warranty (subject to terms and conditions)
- We have a track record going back 5 years as a regional service center
- We are a service driven organisation that puts customer service at the heart of everything we do.
- You can buy from us with complete confidence.
In 1988 Honda utilised the popularity of the Paris-Dakar Rally to promote the release of the first ‘true’ Africa twin, the 650cc V-twin XRV650. The bike immediately caught the eye of the rally’s fans and became incredibly popular in a very short space of time. The model's success led to new versions of the bike being developed, in 1990 the 750cc V-twin XRV750T was released, years later in 2016 the new 1,000cc parallel-twin CRF1000L was released.
The 1988 Honda Africa Twin XRV650 RD03 was Honda’s first major venture into the market for adventure motorcycles. The bike was launched with a red, blue, and white livery, intentionally designed to remind fans of the Paris-Dakar Rally winning bikes.
Tomonori Mogi, head of Honda’s design team used the NXR750 as the basis for the new bike. Keeping he NXR750 in mind, the XRV650 was designed to perform in a way which was true to the heritage of the rally winning bikes. It featured a softly tuned V-twin engine and a look that has become synonymous with adventure motorcycling.